Thursday, January 22, 2009

Day 22

Here in Florida, we don't truly experience cold. At least not to an extreme extent. Cold for a Floridian is anything below 70 degrees. Get into the 40's- you have some unhappy people. During the end of 2007 and beginning of last year, I'm not sure Florida even experienced a winter, as temperatures seldom dropped below 65 degrees. This winter is another story. We have had numerous cold fronts which I'm thrilled about- gives me an excuse to wear all my cold-weather clothes for a change. Last night, we had a freeze warning in effect and the weather gods came through. We experienced (well, I didn't really experience it, I was in my warm, cozy bed) temperatures in the upper 20's and lower 30's. This morning, I woke up early to take my car to the dealer, and woke up to this...now of course, this was after my dad defrosted my windshield and back window for me, reminding me if I move up north it takes 10 minutes to defrost your windows. In Florida, you rarely have to worry about that, and living in Germany, I was 3, 4, and 5 years old. Not quite ready to drive. ;) Below, you can see my car was actually covered with ice. 




1 comment:

  1. Wahoooo for cold weather!! lol I actually got to wear some of my winter coats! It was great =o)

    ReplyDelete